3 Quick Healthy Recipes for Your Kids
Kids are picky eaters. The visual appeal of the food matters more to them than the taste. The food that is liked by their eyes is automatically loved by their taste buds. You have to be quite creative while cooking up the meal for your kids. So, put on your chef cap and apron, head towards your kitchen to cook up these creative and quick recipes for your kids.
Few Tips before You Start!
- Store ready to use sauces, beans, fries, dairy, and bakery products in your refrigerator to ensure quick preparation.
- Order the needed ingredients in advance to avoid any kind of recipe alteration. To economize time and money, you can also visit Morrisons Groceries that have a wide range of products with some great discounts; which include everything you need for your quick recipe.”
- Read the recipe once or twice before you start cooking. This will give you confidence while cooking.
- Ready the ingredients and keep them handy in required quantities on your cooking platform. When ingredients are handy, you won’t overcook the food to ruin the taste.
Now when you know the rules of the game, let’s start!
- Egg pizza on French Bread Base
This is really quick and tasty recipe that kids would love to have for breakfast and snacking. Talking about the nutritional value, this pizza is the perfect combination of proteins, carbohydrates, and fibers. You don’t have to make elaborate preparations for this recipe. All you need is loaf of French bread readily available in the grocery store. If you are not having it, then any form of bread or even English muffin will work as the replacement. Hard boiled eggs needed for the recipe can be prepared beforehand and stored in refrigerator to be used as required. Check out the recipe below –
- 8 slices of French bread
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 2 eggs hard boiled and sliced
- 4 olives sliced
- Pizza sauce or regular ketchup
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella grated
- Kosher salt
- Toast the bread slices on grilled pan or toaster.
- Apply pizza sauce or regular ketchup on each slice.
- Drizzle olive oil.
- Layer each bread with tomato slice, olives, and slice of hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle grated mozzarella, kosher salt, and oregano.
- Bake it in oven at 180°C for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Serve it hot.
- Tofu Fingers with Mint-Mayonnaise Dip
An unusual combination for unusual taste. The crispy tofu fingers dipped in gooey mint mayonnaise would simply make your kids fall in love with it.
- 150 gm firm tofu, cut into fingers of half inch thickness
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup good quality bread crumbs
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- Oil or cooking spray
- Make a slurry of beaten egg and all-purpose flour. Add some salt to taste.
- Mix breadcrumbs, chili flakes, black pepper, and lemon rind in another bowl.
- Now dip each finger in the egg and flour mix. Then dip it in the bread crumb mix.
- Put the dipped finger for grilling on the heated grilling pan. Add some oil or use cooking spray.
- Let it cook on low flame till it is crispy and brown on one side. Now turn it again to have even cooking on all sides. Make sure that you are doing it on low flame until it is brown on all sides.
- For dip, mix the mint paste with mayonnaise. You can also make it in advance.
Serve hot tofu fingers with cold dip.
- Chocolate Cheese Sandwich
Take my words, not just your kids but even you would love this simple recipe that can be assembled quickly with some bare minimum ingredients. Unlike other sandwiches, this is sweet. The taste of chocolate is prominent, while bread and cheesewould balance the texture and taste.
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 cup shredded chocolate
- 4 tbsp. chocolate sauce
- 2 tbsp. chocolate spread
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 2 Nos. tinned cherries
- Spread chocolate spread on two slices of bread.
- Sprinkle cheese and half of the shredded chocolate on the chocolate coated breads.
- Cover it with another bread.
- Grill in the griller after applying butter.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally in two halves.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce on the grilled sandwich.
- Top it with remaining shredded chocolate.
- Garnish with cherry on the top.
These recipes are easy and quick. Try them to taste them!